Tricies’ Sweet Potato Pie
1 (1 pound) Yams
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Bake Yam’s whole in skin for 50 to 55 minutes, or until done. Let cool, then peel the skin. Put in bowl.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, Pumpkin Pie Spice and Vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
Easy Southern Banana Pudding by KRAFT (Super EASY to make and an approved substitute ☺)
3 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Banana Flavor Instant Pudding
30 vanilla wafers
3 bananas, sliced
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
BEAT pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min.
ARRANGE half the wafers on bottom and up side of 2-qt. serving bowl; top with layers of half each of the banana slices and pudding. Repeat all layers. Cover with COOL WHIP.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours.
Patti LaBelle’s “Over The Rainbow” Mac & Cheese Recipe
Ms. La Belle is an AMAZING cook with a full line of cookbooks! Click here to browse her collection!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb macaroni
8 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
2 cups half-and-half
8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2-quart casserole.
2. Bring the large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
3. In a small saucepan, melt eight tablespoons of the butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheeses. To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and dot with the remaining one tablespoon of butter.
4. Bake until it’s bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Brown-Sugar-Glazed Ham with Pineapple by Rachael Ray
1 7 1/2 – 9 pound fully cooked ham
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 canned pineapple rings, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees . Place the ham face-down in a roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup and mustard and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes; set aside.
Brush the baked ham with the glaze, then top with the pineapple rings, securing them with toothpicks. Return the ham to the oven and bake uncovered until heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Kickin’ Collard Greens (allrecipes.com)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 slices bacon
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pound fresh collard greens, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and return to the pan. Add onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until just fragrant. Add collard greens, and fry until they start to wilt.
- Pour in chicken broth, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until greens are tender.
I hope that these Recipes help you to get well on your way to making some Thanksgiving Dinner Favorites, and save in the process! Check back all week, as I may update with more iDeas!
Print all your Coupons HERE to complete your Meal before you go shopping!